There is nothing better than an AC system that works properly on a hot day. Getting that relief from the heat can make it easier to sleep at night and maintain productivity during the day. Did you know that your AC system might need more than just maintenance to keep it working at its best? You might need AC duct replacement in Houston, too.
Why is it important to replace your ducts?
The simple fact of the matter is that, if your ducts aren’t in good repair, your AC won’t be as effective as it could be, and that can cost you extra money. AC duct replacement can save you in a number of ways:
1. Increased energy efficiency—which translates into fewer expensive energy bills. Preventing air from escaping through leaks and cracks in your system is a bit like running the AC with the window open. With new, shiny ducts, you won’t have to work your AC nearly as hard to cool your home, and that means it will use a lot less energy.
2. No more air fresheners, infusers, or allergy meds. Replacing your air ducts means your AC won’t be blowing dust, allergens, mildew, and even mold throughout your house. The improved air quality not only saves your health but also prevents you from spending extra money on the products you otherwise have to purchase to help cover up the problem.
3. More consistent temperatures. When air leaks out of cracked ducts, or when it has to struggle through the wrong sized ducts, you are going to notice a difference in temperature as a result. AC duct replacement in Houston means the airconditioned air effectively reaches the right rooms, ensuring a more consistent temperature overall. This saves you from having to fiddle with the thermostat based on which room you happen to be in, and that can save you money, too.
4. Increase the lifespan of your HVAC system. When the airconditioned air can move efficiently through new, clean ducts, your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard, and that can prolong both the lifespan and efficiency of the unit, saving you from the expense of early repairs or replacements.
5. Time to replace your air ducts?
The need for AC duct replacement in Houston won’t come without warning. You’ll start noticing the signs it’s time for a replacement. This also depends on the age of your air ducts. If they are relatively new and you start noticing a few signs, you may only need them to be resealed. If they are over ten years old, it’s likely they will need to be replaced. Either way, here are the signs you should look out for:
• Dust—if you notice a lot more dust, it could be because it is blowing out of your air ducts, which could indicate it’s time for a cleaning or a replacement.
• Smell—a mildew smell could mean there is mold inside your ducts.
• Noise—a noisy HVAC system could mean it is working too hard, which could mean your ducts are too small, imbalanced, or leaking too much.
• Temperature swings—if the temperature is inconsistent between rooms or seems to fluctuate, it could mean you have leaky ducts that are preventing the air from effectively reaching certain rooms in the building.
If you suspect any of these issues are happening in your home or office, call Priority AC today for AC duct replacement in Houston.
If you liked this article, you might also like these.